The 6 Best Insoles for Nurses – Review and Buyers Guide
Nurses are among the most overlooked and undervalued members of the healthcare system. They work long hours, often without breaks or lunch, while caring for patients who are often elderly and may be bedridden or in pain themselves. Nurses must make quick decisions about patient care with little to no time to consult their supervisors. This demanding job may lead to foot problems like foot pain, plantar fasciitis, or athlete’s foot.
Sadly, this profession has one of the highest rates of nurse burnout in the US. There are many reasons for this: not having enough time to themselves, not getting enough sleep, and more. One way they can combat these feelings of burnout is by using insoles. These inserts will help them feel more comfortable on their feet and support them while they walk or stand for long periods.
Here, we will review some of the best insoles for nurses and discuss what you need to know before purchasing them.
Why Do Nurses Need Insoles?
Insoles are helpful for the following reasons:
- It provides the arch support needed by the foot
- It aids the foot movement during walking and running
- It helps reduces pain caused by long hours of standing and walking
- It gives comfort to the feet using cushioned padding
- It acts as shock absorbents and provides the foot with maximum stability.
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Nurse Shoes Insole
As a nurse, that wants the best insole for their shoes; an insole that gives support to the feet and makes it more comfortable. Some of the things to look out for in an insole for nurse shoes include:
An insole should provide arch support in stiff, semi-rigid, or soft support modes. Rigid insoles regulate mobility in the bigger foot joints located behind the ankle joint; they aid in the relief of aches and pains in the feet and legs. Rigid insoles are often worn by persons who suffer from foot problems or conditions. Semi-rigid insoles offer the same qualities as rigid insoles, with the exception that they include cushions that absorb shock for those who put greater strain on their joints due to vigorous motions. Soft insoles do not provide much arch support; they are intended to absorb stress and relieve pressure on areas that are prone to swelling. They feature a soft cushion substance that is primarily utilized for protection.
The heel, the biggest bone in the foot, bears the impact of running, walking, and other physical activity and maintains your body weight instantly as you are on your feet. Insoles should be used in your shoes to prevent or cure heel discomfort. Aside from decreasing tension on the tendons, it also aids in keeping the feet in the proper posture.
Most individuals have sweaty feet, let alone nurses who go from one hallway or patient to another, especially during the summer. Foot perspiration can cause a bad odor and, in some cases, a fungal infection. To avoid this, your shoe insole should be made of breathable materials or feature ventilation holes.
Another thing to look for is the materials utilized to make the insoles. Insoles can be made of foam, gel, leather, or a mix of at least two of these materials.
Foam-based insoles provide the most cushioning. They have a high-density, making them less breathable. Foam insoles can cause stinky, sweaty feet, as well as fungus and bacterial infections. This is not recommended if you will be gone on duty for an extended amount of time.
Because gel insoles are more thick and durable, they provide the best shock absorption. They also assist to disperse the pressure placed on your foot by your weight uniformly throughout your feet rather than concentrating it in one area.
They are heavy, have enough ventilation, and produce moist feet. So, if you often engage in high-density activities, this is a viable option.
Leather insoles are extremely breathable, which means they keep your feet from stinking and sweating. They also offer optimum cushioning and prevent your feet from sliding around within your boots. They are, however, less supportive and thick inside the shoe.
When purchasing a set of insoles, get insoles that are almost the same size as your shoe, and know your size before placing your order. Although you may always cut larger insoles to fit your shoes, it is difficult to make a smaller one large.
Nurse Shoes should be worn with insoles that have a deep heel cup and a broad toe shape to keep your feet securely in place as you engage in various movement activities.
Types of Insoles for Nurses
The first decision you must make when purchasing insoles for your nursing shoes is the sort of insole you require. There are three basic categories to pick from:
These insoles are generally thicker than all other types. They absorb the most shocks and are ideal for those who are involved in activities like walking or standing for long hours. These insoles have the potential to alleviate foot fatigue and are typically cheap, which are two of the reasons why many nurses choose them.
Cushioned Arch Support Insoles:
These insoles don’t provide the same amount of arch support as orthotic shoes, but they do feature built-in arch support. Furthermore, they feature a deeper heel cup; this style of insole is also extremely flexible and is typically constructed completely of cushioning padding.
Orthotic Arch Support Insoles:
These insoles, which are perhaps the most popular among nurses, are notable for their remarkable flexibility. They provide stability and support while being flexible enough to adapt to the contours of their foot. Even while your compression stockings are on, they can help avoid plantar fasciitis, supination, and other foot disorders by making you feel comfortable all day.
Top 6 Insoles for Nurses
Our Top Picks
Best Values: Walk Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
Budget-Friendly: Dr. Scholl’s Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Insole
|Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles Arch Support Buy on Amazon
|Deep heel cup. Maximum EVA material. Designed for everyday use
|Dr. Scholl’s Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Orthotics Buy on Amazon
|Designed for people who suffer plantar fasciitis. Provides maximum shock absorption. Full-length insole
|Powerstep Pinnacle Arch Support Insole Buy on Amazon
|Maximum EVA foam sole. Full-length. Prevent pain in the feet
|Physix Gear Sport Full-Length Orthotic Insole Buy on Amazon
|Maximum arch support. Can be used in several footwear. Holds the feet firm
|Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles Buy on Amazon
|Provides arch support. Can be used in any footwear. Minimizes feet pain
|Superfeet Blue Professional Grade Orthotic Shoe Inserts Buy on Amazon
|Provides high-density foam. Maximum heel cup. Comes in full length
Walk Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles
These Walk Hero Plantar Fasciitis Insoles are perfect for nurses suffering from plantar fasciitis as well as other foot issues like pronation, flat feet, and arthritis. Each insole is composed of high-quality EVA material which is proven to support and absorb stress, giving pain relief to the most in need.
The material also wicks away moisture, keeping your feet cool and comfortable. These insoles are a great complement to any nursing shoe, and they come in four different colors.
- Lasting Comfort: Arch support improves foot and leg alignment, increases comfort, and relieves tension and discomfort caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis, and diabetes. It also offers relief.
- Deep Heel Cup: To keep your feet in the proper posture; protects and stabilizes the foot during the high impact of landing when walking or running.
- Premium EVA Material: It is a great shock absorber and pain reliever. The fabric also aids in keeping you cool.
- Excellent for those suffering from plantar fasciitis
- EVA material provides a maximum shock absorber
- Comes in four different colors
- Provides excellent shock support
- Minimizes foul smell
- Helps the feet maintain freshness
- Inadequate arch support
- Edges are hard
- Offers stiff support
Buy Walk Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles for $17.99
Dr. Scholl’s Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Insole
Dr. Scholl’s Pain Relief Orthotics combines the renowned name of Dr. Scholl’s with proprietary Shock Guard Technology to create insoles that give amazing support for the most severe foot problems. The curved heel cup secures and protects the heel, alleviating heel discomfort and preventing it from returning. The insole is padded from heel to toe and provides excellent support. Additional support is added at the arch to reduce discomfort from plantar fasciitis and to help people with flat feet or high arches.
- Designed for those who have heel discomfort caused by plantar fasciitis
- Shock guard technology provides instant and all-day relief of plantar fasciitis discomfort and can help minimize morning plantar fasciitis pain.
- The entire foot is cushioned and supported by the full-length insole.
- Plantar fasciitis is relieved by this product
- The arch is greatly supported
- Can be trimmed to fit
- Too thick
- Comes in only one color
- When walking, it squeaks
Buy Dr. Scholl’s Plantar Fasciitis Pain Relief Insole for $12.97
Powerstep Pinnacle Arch Support Insoles
This Powerstep Pinnacle Orthotic is an excellent choice for a multipurpose shoe insert. It supports various sorts of arches, including low, neutral, and high arches. The support is divided into two layers: the strong EVA foam base and the luxurious top layer made of antibacterial fabric. During a lengthy shift, the antimicrobial fabric keeps bacteria and unpleasant odors at bay while also keeping the foot cool and comfortable. The arch support is strong yet has some flexibility, so it conforms to the foot and moves with each stride for maximum comfort.
- Provides full-length insoles, neutral arch support, maximum cushioning, moderate support, high activity.
- Prevention and relief of foot pain: PowerStep Pinnacle Insoles are excellent for shin splints, mild to moderate pronation, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, and various foot, ankle, and knee pain
- Maximum cushioning and neutral arch support: PowerStep Pinnacle Insoles are full-length insoles that provide built-in neutral arch support and dual-layer cushioning that provides the ideal balance of comfort and support.
- Arch support is available in three levels: low, neutral, and high.
- Maximum EVA foam foundation
- Top layer antimicrobial material
- Quick deterioration
- Over time, the top and bottom layers separate.
- With repeated usage, the foam may collapse.
Buy Powerstep Pinnacle Arch Support Insoles for $44.95
Physix Gear Sport Full Length Orthotic Insoles with Arch Support
These Physix Gear Sports Inserts for Flat Feet and Heel Spurs include an insole that appropriately aligns the lower body while also offering arch support. They are beneficial for conditions other than flat feet and heel spurs. They also assist with heel discomfort, shin splints, runner’s knee, and other conditions.
These insoles are not only designed to properly align the lower body but are also constructed to last. The high-quality EVA foam foundation cushions and supports the bottom of the foot. Despite their thin form, they give sufficient support to make you feel as if you are floating on air.
- Arch support: The Physix Gear Sport high arch support insole is developed to balance the force structure of the foot, giving a simple and highly relaxing option for individuals
- Excellence Material: These pleasant orthotic inserts, made of high-quality and durable dual base layered high-performance EVA foam and PU material, make your feet feel like they’re walking on air
- Robust functionality: Ideal for rock climbing, ball games, sports, camping, running, and other activities. Also ideal for people who must stand for lengthy periods, such as shop workers and nurses
- Flat feet and heel spurs are relieved.
- Maximum EVA foam foundation
- Unwavering support
- The design is slim.
- There is no heel cushion.
EasyFeet Plantar Fasciitis Arch Support Insoles for Men and Women Shoes
With these Easy Feet Support Orthotic Inserts, you may take a stroll down easy street. From start to end, these insoles are designed for nurses who have weary, achy feet as well as serious foot issues such as plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. The strong arch support is composed of TPU with a memory foam layer on top. A very soft, breathable top layer protects the support layer and keeps the foot cool. For a personalized fit, each insole may be cut to fit exactly within your shoe.
- Has a high arch support insole that helps to minimize arch pain and gives maximum comfort.
- Provides relief to pain caused by plantar fasciitis, flat feet, pronation, high arch, bunions, shin splints, and all types of leg conditions.
- Can be worn by all ages with any type of footwear
- Offers maximum shock absorber because of the gel forefoot and air capsules that provide cushioning.
- The foot is cradled by a memory foam layer.
- The top layer is soft and breathable.
- Trim to fit precisely
- It is necessary to break in the shoes for at least a week.
- Some people may find the support too strong.
- Users may experience discomfort during the first 3 to 7 days.
Superfeet Blue Professional Grade Orthotic Shoe Inserts for Medium and Thick Arch
Nurses with weary, aching feet will appreciate the sturdy structure of these Superfeet Insoles. The brilliant blue hue helps them stick out, but it is the distinctive characteristics that create an impression. With a stabilizer cap, heel cup, and high-density foam layer, there is enough support.
Sweaty feet are no longer a problem owing to the odor-control layer, which is composed entirely of organic materials and absorbs away moisture and unpleasant odors. The insole’s form is designed to fit inside various sorts of shoes without taking up too much room.
- FIT PROFILE: Medium volume/Medium profile insoles; Volume refers to how much room these comfy Superfeet BLUE insoles will take up in your shoe, whilst Profile refers to how many shapes you can anticipate feeling beneath your foot. Full-length Superfeet insoles should be cut to fit inside your shoes.
- STABILIZER CAP: To give structure and support; the rails of the Superfeet orthotic support shoe inserts strengthen the thin cap
- HEEL CUP: Assists in positioning the heel to absorb and soften the impact from the ground.
- Comes in a vibrant blue color
- Provides a layer of high-density foam
- Organic odor-controlling coating
- This product is not intended for people who have severe foot issues.
- Narrow toe width
- The hard heel cup may cause pain.
The proper insoles may be the difference between a pleasant and productive workday and a dreadful and unpleasant one. Nurses should purchase insoles to alleviate foot discomfort, tiredness, and hot, sweaty feet.
When it comes to common and significant foot issues, all of these insoles can help nurses; but our favorite is the Walk Hero Plantar Fasciitis Feet Insoles. This is because it uses a combination of foam and gel materials to give optimum shock absorption and cushioning. It also helps the feet stay fresh and stable by reducing unpleasant odors.